Data Integration and Warehouse
KEYWORDS: data warehousing, data warehouse, business intelligence, dw, olap, data mining, database, infosphere warehouse, db2, data management, db2 warehouse, transactional
In today’s ever-changing economics and regulations, a flexible data warehouse is the necessity. Performing just basic functions to store, integrate and access the data is not sufficient; the need now is ease of adapting the warehouse to the changes for tactical and strategic solutions. Axiom’s Data Integration and Warehousing platform provides a complete solution to the needs of any size financial institutions, asset managers, corporations and trading firms.
The platform is flexible and can be seamlessly integrated with any number relational and non-relational databases. It also allows to obtain data from text, comma-separated, excel or any other file. Integration involves visual data modeling and business rules, thereby making the modifications easier and faster. The data is accessible at any stage for review and saving.
The architecture of platform makes sure of auditability, traceability and transparency of data, thus providing a comprehensive solution.
Dynamic Data Warehouse
Foundation for Enterprise-Wide Information Systems
Today instant data integration, access, storage and ability to adopt to changes is a strategic necessity. Axiom’s Dynamic Data Warehousing platform responds with a complete data storage and delivery solution to the needs of global financial institutions, asset managers, corporations, energy and commodity trading firms.
Dynamic Data Warehouse covers all data requirements for the following applications:
- Repository of Front, Middle and Back office systems
- Enterprise Risk Management (Market, Credit, Liquidity, Operational)
- Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) infrastructure
- Basel II data collection
- Asset Liability Management
- Portfolio Management
- Financial Control and Management reporting
- Regulatory Reporting
- Compliance and surveillance
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Straight Through Processing (STP)
- e-Finance infrastructure and WEB Services
Axiom’s Dynamic Data Warehousing approach highlights:
- Flexible and Extendible Data Model to accommodate enterprise and external data sources
- High volume, High performance, reliability of information access and storage
- Control over Data accumulation methods for transactional, market, reference and analytical data
- Support dynamic creation and storage of multiple data marts from aggregation and analytical process
- Full enterprise data dictionary by source and data model accessible to applications via API
- Large library of data templates for third party front, middle and back office and market data systems
- Comprehensive data model for all market data, statistical matrices and financial curves historical
- Complete repository for Meta Data and Visual Business Rules
- Complete data warehouse API for in-house application and WEB services development
AXIOM Software Laboratories' Dynamic Data Warehouse has been designed to handle the flow of the information specific to the needs of firms. The system provides full access to all current and historical data available from internal operational systems and external services integrated, refined and aggregated according to the business requirements.
Dynamic Data Warehouse consists of a group of interrelated logical and physical databases that contain transactional information consolidated from Front, Middle and Back office systems throughout the whole enterprise, market data acquired from internal processes or external providers, institution-specific legacy data, reference data and results of the analytical processes. The physical warehouse can be on any RDBMS server, centralized or distributed.
Data Warehouse Components:
- Front/Middle/Back office database- dynamic repository for deals/transactions, cash flows, physical, financial and risk positions, accounting etc.
- Operational Database– collection of historical loss and event data, causes, incidents, key risk indicators, etc.
- Control/Reference database- repository of reference data from legacy systems: customer information, business lines, GL, products, etc.
- Business rules database- contains meta data that corresponds to business data requirements that constitutes a user-defined portfolio structures, corporate hierarchies, netting methods, limits, aggregation levels, source data dictionary etc.
- Market database- current and time series (historical) data: prices, rates, market factors, volatility's, correlations, default rates, yield curves, forward curves etc.
- Resulting Database- dynamic history of aggregations, P&L, regulatory reports, risk calculations results, exposures, distributions of losses etc
The warehouse’s architecture has been designed to provide options for including data from numerous relational and non-relational databases, as well as the data that can be obtained only through the means of analytical applications.
The IntegrationCenter™ is a data warehouse administration system designed to provide data interfacing, data movement, data maintenance for the Dynamic Data Warehouse™ and serves as a liaison between the repository and portfolio-driven analytical applications (AXIOM, in-house or third party).